A customer recently reported a bug to us which we have tracked down and are in the process of fixing.
The bug is this: if one used "Expired" as a discharge status in VB-DRG, Access-DRG or CGI-DRG, with the case described below, a bogus error was returned: code 5, "invalid discharge status."
Test case: primary diagnosis of 41071 and a discharge status of Expired.
Obviously, Expired is a valid discharge status: we had a bug in handling it. For some reason our mapping of Expired was explicitly not done for versions higher than 25.
We have fixed the bug and expect a re-release of version 30 by February 4th, 2013.
In order to validate our product, we used a DRG assignment app from another organization: